Do you want to feel a little happier? Join #TinyHappyTuesday! The details on how you can get started are here.
- Shawn's birthday dinner last night went off without a hitch. I grew up in a family that makes a big deal out of birthdays and I love that my kids are going to be able to say the same. Birthdays are my jam.
- My brother-in-law has been making some pretty exciting life changes lately (not my story to tell but damn, the guy is mixing things up!) and I love that Grady and Poppy will be able to look to him as a role model when they're facing nerve-wracking-but-exciting opportunities.
- My Internet village. This Tiny Happy deserves a post of its own but let me just say that my internet village has boosted me up, been a sounding board, given me information and answers, and provided immeasurable support more than ever recently. I'm not sure how I got so lucky to know so many amazing people.
- My Real Life village. I know a lot of great people. I saw a bunch of them this weekend. I'm an introvert and I need my alone time but it's a pretty great feeling to be surrounded by thoughtful, hilarious, brilliant people too (as long as I get some alone time immediately after).
- It's the May long weekend (almost)! Every May Shawn goes away on his annual boys' trip and I order a lot of pizza and stay in pyjamas all day and make morning pit stops at the ice cream shop. Solo parenting is a lot of work but it's also a lot of fun once we let go of our routines and expectations (of cleanliness). I'm ready for a weekend of filth and greasy, cheesy goodness.
What's making you happy this week? Want to play along? Join the Facebook group and share your happy! Or share on Twitter or Instagram using #TinyHappyTuesday so we can find you.